Harry Pell earns great point for U’s at Rovers
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Tranmere Rovers 1 Colchester United 1
Harry Pell became the first visiting player to score at Tranmere Rovers this season, as Colchester United recorded a 1-1 draw at Prenton Park this afternoon.
Rovers were ahead just before the break, with leading scorer James Norwood striking home his seventh goal of the season.
Norwood remains one of only three Tranmere players to have scored this term.
But the U’s responded thanks to Harry Pell, who netted the equaliser in the 61st minute.
You may also want to watch:
Rovers could not clear a corner, and Pell tucked home the rebound to earn a point for the battling U’s.
It was therefore a fine return for U’s boss John McGreal to the club where he started his footballing career.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
The U’s are now unbeaten in their first four away league games of this season, with three draws and a win at Cheltenham.
COLCHESTER: Barnes, Jackson, Eastman, Kent, Vincent-Young, Dickenson (sub Senior, 82), Pell, Wright, Szmodics, Norris (sub Mandron, 85), Nouble. Unused subs: Ross, Clampin, Kensdale, Gondoh, Collins.