Further honours for Framlingham-based rugby player, Harry Rowland
- Credit: Archant
Six months ago Framlingham College pupil Harry Rowland won his first international cap playing for Denmark U18s against Sweden.
Last month, he won further honours when selected to play in the Rugby Europe U18s Sevens Championship held at Esztergom in Hungary to become a dual capped player for Denmark in both the XVs and shorter 7s game.
Selection to the 12-player roster came after a rigorous selection process and training programme during the summer months resulting in the Danish national U18s 7s team playing with great skill and team spirit under an experienced coaching team of a Kiwi, a South African and two Danes.
After two days of fierce competition, the Danish team reached the Trophy Cup Final with Rowland demonstrating his versatility playing at both 9 and 10 in five consecutive matches.
During the summer Rowland also helped the East of Denmark KRA team to win the Danish Youth Rugby XVs Championship and his club side RK Speed of Copenhagen to win the Danish Youth Rugby 7s Championship.
You may also want to watch:
He is enjoying a continued selection to the Danish U18s XV programme for the remainder of 2018 with a further test match in Sweden in October and has been invited by the Danish U18s 7s Head Coach to remain with the squad as they build towards further European competitions in the Easter and Autumn of 2019.
Before flying out to Hungary, Rowland was invited as a Young Rugby Ambassador (YRA) to attend an RFU National Youth Council event at Rugby HQ Twickenham. The event enabled a select number of YRAS from England’s 6 regions to engage in a series of interviews and workshops to identify and develop the future of the National Youth Council membership and the YRA programme.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism