Hat-trick of defeats for woeful Town
Ipswich slumped to the bottom of the Championship after being out-thought, out-battled and out-scored by a Leicester side that had previously not scored in the league.
Leicester City 3 Ipswich Town 1
Ipswich slumped to the bottom of the Championship after being out-thought, out-battled and out-scored by a Leicester side that had previously not scored in the league, writes Derek Davis.
Patrick Kisnorbo headed City ahead after eight minutes and Stephen Hughes put them two up five minutes after the break.
Darren Currie hit a post with a free kick but Town offered little in the way of attack until matt Richards drilled in a deflected 30-yard shot five minutes from the end.
You may also want to watch:
Substitute Iain Hume wrapped things up for the Foxes as he beat Shane Supple in a one on one.
Hundreds of Town fans were delayed or missed the game completely after the A14 was closed near Newmarket - they didn't miss much.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future