HAVE YOUR SAY: Who’s going to the Euros?
WITH just under an hour to go until the England squad for the European Championships is named, Norwich City goalkeeper John Ruddy is being tipped for a spot in coach Roy Hodgson’s 23-man squad.
The former Everton stopper has enjoyed an impressive debut season in the Premier League for the Canaries and looks set to join first-choice goalkeeper Joe Hart and Scott Carson on the plane to Ukraine and Poland.
Ruddy’s City team-mate Grant Holt looks set to miss the cut, despite scoring 15 goals in 35 appearances for Paul Lambert’s side, with Andy Carroll, Danny Welbeck and Jermain Defoe set for striking roles.
Right-back Kyle Walker will miss out with a toe injury, paving the way for Glen Johnson and Phil Jones to battle it out for that place. Manchester City’s Micah Richards looks set to be a surprise omission.
The squad will be announced at 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Stay here for more updates.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery