Haverhill II 4 IES III 3
Suffolk Division OneHaverhill II 4 Ipswich East Suffolk III 3IES travelled into the depths of Suffolk knowing they faced a stern challenge at Haverhill.
Suffolk Division One
Haverhill II 4 Ipswich East Suffolk III 3
IES travelled into the depths of Suffolk knowing they faced a stern challenge at Haverhill.
IES began by playing aggressively and dominated the game from the start. They passed the ball well enabling Cheryl Noakes to score the opener.
Haverhill defended very well and IES were unfortunate not to convert many of the several chances they had during the remainder of the first half.
A mistake in midfield allowed Haverhill to break through and they soon converted their opportunity. The score was 1-1 at halftime.
- 1 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 2 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 3 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 4 'A top team for League One' - Forest Green boss praises Town
- 5 Thousands head to Helmingham car show
- 6 Plans for former Dorothy Perkins store in Suffolk town withdrawn
- 7 Driver caught speeding at 94mph in 50 zone on A140 in mid Suffolk
- 8 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 9 'Really concerning' – Shock after machete attack at Ipswich sports centre
- 10 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
IES found it difficult to contain Haverhill's advances in the second half. Haverhill played some magnificent shots and brought the score up to 4-1 in their favour.
IES fought back valiantly in their midfield area. Harriet Celerier, Rachel Nunn and Katie Baskett worked excellently encouraging Lindsey Trench and Cheryl Noakes to add to the score line for IES meaning the game ended on 4-3 to Haverhill.