Haverhill in comprehensive victory
Eastern Counties 2: Haverhill 45 Mildenhall 0
JAKE Jeffs gave Haverhill the perfect start when he crossed the line for an unconverted try on 12 minutes.
In front of a good crowd, strong pressure caused Mildenhall to handle in the ruck and Jeffs was allowed a kick on goal which was unsuccessful.
Three minutes later, Jack Wilkinson, collected a bouncing ball and ran under the posts for a converted try.
Haverhill went further in front just before the end of the first quarter, Jeffs releasing Adam Hunt to run on and score another converted try.
You may also want to watch:
Five minutes before the break, the in-form Jeffs jinked his way through the opposition’s defence to score.
After the restart, Hope released Bishop on 42 minutes for 33-0 with Jeffs’ boot on form again.Jeffs was key in the next move on 51 minutes, releasing Brad Gibson to score, Jeffs tconverting
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years
Four minutes later, Potter broke from the back of the scrum to time the perfect pass to release Hope for 45-0 and the final score of the game.