Havering 7 Chelmsford III 2
NE14Hockey East Women’s League
THIS week Chelmsford visited top of the table Havering. This was always going to be a tough game and from the outset was fast and furious. The first 10 minutes saw equal possession but then Havering scored a breakaway goal. Chelmsford battled back winning a short corner which resulted in an excellent goal by Sam Blair. Havering increased the tempo and despite some great saves by the Chelmsford goalkeeper the opposition scored a second goal just before half time making it 2-1 to the home side.
Havering started the second half with increased intensity winning a number of 50/50 challenges which resulted in two quick goals. Chelmsford continued to fight hard and had several chances of their own to score. However they were only able to convert one of these, which was from a cross by Katie Johnston skilfully finished by Jenny Elias bringing the score to 4-2.
Havering showed why they are league leaders as they put more pressure on the Chelmsford midfield adding three more goals. This did not reflect the balance of play but demonstrates the need to convert chances into goals.
You may also want to watch:
Chelmsford are at home to Blueharts next week still looking for their first win.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 Suffolk 'can't afford' to repair or clear 700 damaged road signs