‘He is the right man for the job’ – Kem Izzet on Joe Dunne
JOE Dunne is the right man for the job – that’s the honest assessment of Colchester United skipper Kem Izzet.
The U’s are now just one point clear of the League One relegation zone, following a fifth defeat on the spin at Walsall on Saturday.
But Izzet insisted: “I can’t blame Joe Dunne at all.
“The passion is there, he puts his points very well. I just hope there is no rash decision, in whatever decisions are made.
“In my eyes, he is the right man for the job. We want to get through this sticky period and he is the man to get us out of it.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s not the (fault of the) manager, that’s for sure, it’s the players who cross that white line. We have got to work harder to win games,” added Izzet.
Dunne revealed, after Saturday’s 1-0 defeat in the West Midlands, that he had signed left winger Jack Compton from Portsmouth (to arrive on January 1), and that he was also chasing a couple of other new faces.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
In addition, Dunne is closing in on signing current loanees Josh Thompson and Jabo Ibehre on permanent contracts.
Izzet reacted by saying: “A few players coming in January would give people a kick up the backside. And that’s what everyone needs.”