Heath hopes for another chance
COLCHESTER United defender Matt Heath hopes he will be given another chance at the weekend following an injury to French loanee Franck Queudrue.
The 28-year-old got back into the U’s team at the end of January and went on to start 12 games in succession for the Essex side.
Colchester boss Aidy Boothroyd signed experienced French defender Queudrue from Premier League club Birmingham on the final day of the emergency loan window recently though.
And as a result, Heath has found himself not only back out of the side, but also the entire squad, for the last three games.
When Queudrue was forced off with a hamstring strain during Monday’s 2-1 defeat to Millwall, Boothroyd used teenage loanee Danny Batth from the bench. The 19-year-old Wolves player, who hadn’t played for over a month, then scored an unfortunate own goal to hand the Lions victory.
You may also want to watch:
With Colchester’s play-off hopes now hanging by a thread – the U’s having lost five of their last eight to drop to seventh – Heath could well be in line for a recall for Saturday’s visit of high-flying Swindon.
“I want to play as many games as I can,” admitted Heath, who had a solid game for Colchester’s reserves at Ipswich yesterday afternoon.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
“All I can do is work hard to get back in the team. The manager picks the team – I just hope I get another chance.”
Queudrue had a scan on his injury yesterday afternoon and is currently rated as a major doubt for Saturday’s game at the Weston Homes Community Stadium.