Heeps expecting a ‘different’ experience as he takes on Ipswich Witches
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Rye House Rockets star Cameron Heeps admits it will be ‘different’, as he races against Ipswich Witches in tonight’s Premier League clash at Hoddesdon, 7pm start, writes Mike Bacon.
Heeps, who is an Ipswich asset and signed for the Foxhall Heath club as a 16-year-old, spent four seasons in Suffolk, before joining Rye House in the winter.
He has only ever-known riding in Suffolk for Mildenhall and Ipswich and 2016 is a big change for him.
“Yeah, I think it’s fair to say it will be a bit different, riding against Ipswich,” he said.
“I’ve spent all my racing in England with Mildenhall, then Ipswich. But I’ll treat it as just another meeting.
You may also want to watch:
“Both me and Chris Louis felt it might be good for me to have a change this year and I’m happy at Rye House. In Edward Kennett and Stuart Robson we have two fast riders, especially around Hoddesdon and it’s nice for me to have Leigh Lanham in the team too, he’s been such a help to me.”
Heeps is part of a decent-looking Rye House side who have already beaten Plymouth and Somerset on their tight Hertfordshire bowl.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
Still living in Ipswich, Heeps will be taking in most Witches meetings at Foxhall if he is not riding himself and he admits the Suffolk side of 2016 look a steady outfit.
“They look solid,” Heeps said.
“Ipswich will be up there, I’m sure. But on Saturday, it’s no favours from me. I want Rye to take all the points.”
Rye House: 1 E Kennett (c), 2 K Lykke, 3 C Heeps, 4 L Lanham, 5 S Robson, 6 P Karger, 7 B Morley.
Ipswich: 1 D King, 2 J Sarjeant, 3 L Kerr, 4 M Risager, 5 N Covatti, 6 P Castagna, 7 D Ritchings