Henderson hopes he’s given boss food for thought
IAN Henderson hopes his energetic display against Wycombe Wanderers in midweek has given Colchester United boss John Ward food for thought ahead of today’s match against Huddersfield Town.
Following a superb pre-season, Henderson deservedly found himself in Ward’s first starting XI of the season and kept his place in the side for the next six matches thanks to some impressive displays in the right-sided forward role.
The 25-year-old injured his knee in an innocuous training ground incident following the 1-0 win at Walsall last month though and his replacement in the side, Ashley Vincent, managed to keep the shirt.
However, following three late substitute appearances against Tranmere, Dagenham & Redbridge and MK Dons, Henderson was put back in the starting line-up for Tuesday night’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy match against Wycombe.
And while the U’s may have lost the game 2-0, Henderson put in a typically all-action display from an experimental central midfield position and was unfortunate not to cap his performance with a goal.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to think I have put myself into the manager’s mind,” said the former Norwich City trainee.
– Full story and two-page match preview of Colchester United v Huddersfield Town in today’s EADT. For live match updates follow Stuart_Watson at www.twitter.com.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 10 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale