Henley Athletic are one win away from sealing SIL Senior Division title
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Leaders Henley Athletic came from two goals down to take the points, 3-2, after a fiery game at Capel Plough, which saw six cautions and a sending off.
The opening goal came just before the break when a long throw by Chris Wall came off a defender and ended up in the net to put the home team in front.
An explosive start to the second half saw Gary Collins put the Ploughmen two up when he converted a cross from Polley.
However, Henley’s Clark Bruce beat two players and fired into the corner with 50 minutes played to pull a goal back for the visitors.
Tempers became frayed with the home side having Matthew Easton sent off for a second caution, before a disputed penalty saw Bruce equalise from the spot with half an hour remaining.
You may also want to watch:
What proved to be the winning goal came five minutes later when an unmarked Ross White scored from a corner.
Henley are now one win away from winning the league in what is their first season as a Senior Division club.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 10 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
Crane Sports 3
Bramford United 1
Three second half goals gave Cranes a hard-fought victory over Bramford.
Dale Munson had given Bramford the lead in the first half, before David Shore almost made it two, his shot hitting the crossbar prior to the break.
After some patient play, Cranes equalised on 70 minutes when Danny Garrad fired home after latching onto a ball from Mark Roper.
Mo Fike put Cranes ahead three minutes later when he headed home Roper’s cross, before Tye Webb grabbed the hosts’ third, despite Kyerell Wright’s best efforts to clear the ball off the line.
Achilles were four goals to the good by half-time, courtesy of strikes from Matt Ryland, Lee Grimwood and a brace from Liam Hillyard.
Grundisburgh pulled a goal back in the second half through Josh Cook, before Gavin Vanoene added a fifth for the third-placed hosts, who now look forward to the Suffolk Senior Cup Final on April 30, at Portman Road.