Here are some of the places you can see local sport this weekend in Suffolk and Essex
- Credit: Archant
There is always great local sport to watch in Suffolk every weekend, as well as over the border in Essex.
Though top flight football dominates many people’s lives most Saturdays and Sundays, if you’d rather see something different take a look below to see what’s on offer near you.
Football: Bury Town v Brentwood Town
Bury played seven matches in November but only managed two wins in all competitions.
Every other match was a loss, including the most recent two games.
You may also want to watch:
However seventh-placed Bury should be able to turn that around this weekend as opponents Brentwood are 20th in the division, also played seven games last month, but lost six of them with no wins to their name. With the top of the Ryman Division One North incredibly close, a well timed win for Bury could propel them as high as second if other results go their way.
Venue: Ram Meadow, Cotton Lane, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 1XP. Tickets: Adult £9, 10 to 16-years-old £2, concession £5, under 10 free. Date: 3pm, December 3.
- 1 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 4 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
MMA: British Challenge MMA 17, Colchester
All-action Colchester fighter Sean Carter is headlining this event with his fight against Jordan Miller.
Carter is a veteran of The Ultimate Fighter TV show, while Miller has traded leather with some of the best fighters in the country.
There is plenty of amateur action at the event as well with Ipswich lightweight prospect Adam Spalding coming up against Mantas Smailys.
Venue: Charter Hall, Colchester Leisure World, Cowdray Avenue, Colchester, Essex, CO1 1YH. Tickets: Standard £30. Date: 5.30pm, December 3.
Rugby Union: Bury St Edmunds v Old Elthamians
After their three-game winning streak came to an end last time out at Cinderford, Bury will be hopeful they can return to victorious ways quickly.
The hosts are solidly mid-table at the moment but another string of wins could lift them up the table once more.
Old Elthamians will be tough opposition though – currently second in the league with a full 22 more points than Bury, they have only lost twice all season.
However those defeats did come in their last three fixtures, so perhaps this slight wobble will be something the Wolfpack can take advantage of.
Venue: The Greene King IPA Haberden, Southgate Green, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 2BL. Tickets: Adult £10, OAP and under 18 £5, under 12 free, members free. Date: 3pm, December 3.