Here for keeps – Sam Walker signs new deal at Colchester United
- Credit: Archant
Sam Walker has today signed a new contract.
Highly-rated keeper Walker, whose current Colchester United contract was due to expire this summer, put pen to paper on a new deal after a few weeks of negotiation.
“I’m pleased that I’ve got it all sorted out,” explained Walker, who has signed a new deal until the summer of 2016.
“I’ve been through a lot already at Colchester United, and I feel that I am developing as a keeper here.
“It feels very comfortable, being at this club, and although it’s been a changing squad, I feel like I’m one of the more experienced players at the club.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had a lot of downs, but also a lot of ups as well,” added Walker.
Former Chelsea trainee Walker saved a penalty in his last appearance, keeping out Aaron McLean’s 88th minute spot kick before George Moncur’s injury-time goal snatched a 1-0 win over Peterborough, in the second round of the FA Cup.
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 8 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
The U’s entertain Rochdale tomorrow.
Manager Tony Humes could well name an unchanged side, from the Posh game – midfielder Alex Gilbey will again miss out, due to a sore hamstring.