High-flying Jammers gunning for another home win
- Credit: Archant
Maldon & Tiptree, nine points clear at the top of Ryman North, are at home to fifth-placed Bowers & Pitsea today.
The Jammers, fresh from a 2-0 home success over basement dwellers Great Wakering Rovers last weekend, have won 22 of their 32 league games this season.
Second-placed Thurrock have one game in hand, while third-placed Brightlingsea Regent have two fixtures in hand, but both face a difficult task to chase down Kevin Horlock’s men.
Brightlingsea, who were held to a 2-2 home draw by Brentwood last weekend, will fancy their chances at lowly Great Wakering today.
James Webster’s side have been in great form of late, taking 17 points from a possible 21 in their last seven games, with five wins and two draws.
Elsewhere, Witham Town (13th) travel to second-from-bottom Wroxham, while Heybridge Swifts are also on the road, at Tilbury.
The Swifts are two places and four points clear of the bottom three.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 8 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town