High praise for Hubble
Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, has heaped praise on Conor Hubble after the teenager’s debut in Saturday’s 1-1 home draw against Crawley.
Hubble made his senior debut as an 83rd minute substitute, and the Chelmsford-born 18-year-old lost no time in catching his manager’s eye.
Dunne enthused: “Conor made his debut and showed terrific composure. He did exceptionally well. He’s come to us from QPR, and I have to admit that he has surprised me.
“He’s come through pre-season really well. We watched him the other day and he did things that I hadn’t seen before, adding bits to his game.
“I think he had a 100% pass possession rate, when he came on. He may have only made four or five passes, but you can imagine how he must have been feeling, coming on at 1-1 in a game that could have gone either way.
You may also want to watch:
“Conor’s a good lad. He has a good temperament, and what he surely has is good intelligence,” added Dunne.
Attacking midfielder Hubble is certainly one to watch this season.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed