High praise for Ian Henderson
COLCHESTER United boss Joe Dunne highlighted the man-of-the-match display of Ian Henderson, following Saturday’s deserved 2-0 home win over Bury.
Henderson was involved in both of the U’s goals, as was striker Jabo Ibehre – an Anthony Wordsworth header, and a Freddie Sears strike, killed off the Shakers around the hour mark
Dunne enthused: “Ian Henderson has done great since he came back in.
“He has got two man-of-the-match awards in the last three games, so I’m pleased for him.
“He has so much energy, and enthusiasm. I’m asking him to play slightly different to what he is used to, and when he does it, he does it very well.
You may also want to watch:
“I brought him off (late substitution) so he could get his round of applause, which he fully deserved,” added Dunne.
The U’s entertain Coventry City tomorrow evening.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 7 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 8 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 9 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 10 'I felt we deserved to win' - Cook on 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
For a full match report and reaction to Saturday’s win over Bury, see today’s East Anglian Daily Times.