High School pupils press Blues’ stars for answers!
Chantry High School’s Elite Squad were invited to Portman Road recently and grilled two members of the Ipswich Town first team squad on everything from goal-line technology to who were their heroes!
The budding reporters took part in a mock press conference at the club’s Media Centre and quizzed Northern Ireland international Josh Carson and current Blues skipper and Trinidad & Tobago star, Carlos Edwards.
Pupils also asked the duo what their proudest and worst moments in football were and left no stone unturned.
It was a really interesting experience for the children to experience the inner workings of a football stadium and to see how pressured the players and manager must feel sat behind the desk with the room full of press.
Blues players will be making future visits to Chantry High as the school looks to further its links with the club.
You may also want to watch:
n Do you have a story for Love School Sports? If so, contact Chris Brammer on 01473 324916, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @chrisbramms
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street