History would not repeat itself
East LeagueVeteransSandy & Shefford 0 Ipswich 2IPSWICH made the trip to Sandy expecting a hard fought encounter against a team that can be touchy with the umpires and each other! Ipswich had lost convincingly in the same fixture last year but they were confident that history would not be repeated.
Sandy & Shefford 0 Ipswich 2
IPSWICH made the trip to Sandy expecting a hard fought encounter against a team that can be touchy with the umpires and each other! Ipswich had lost convincingly in the same fixture last year but they were confident that history would not be repeated. Ipswich started in dominant mood and enjoyed territorial superiority and were grateful to take the lead when a well worked short corner was converted by Sampson. Shefford are no mugs and they put together some good moves to create chances but on the rare occasions they created scoring chances they found keeper Steward in excellent form.
You may also want to watch:
Despite their lead the half time team talk revolved around upping the pace and keeping possession, and certainly the second half began with Ipswich in control; midway through the half however, Ipswich increased the lead in controversial circumstances. Shefford expecting a penalty corner relaxed allowing Foster to gain possession in his own circle sprinted the length of the pitch before slipping to Glading to convert.
In the dying minutes Shefford could have come back into the game but they were frustrated to see Steward's save deflected onto the cross bar and another effort rebound off the post.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight