Hockey: Bury II v UEA
Bury St Edmunds II 2, UEA II 0Bury came up against against a struggling University of East Anglia side and were determined to shrug off a confidence-denting defeat at Felixstowe behind them.
Bury St Edmunds II 2, UEA II 0
Bury came up against against a struggling University of East Anglia side and were determined to shrug off a confidence-denting defeat at Felixstowe behind them.
Apart from the absence of Charlie Fry due to a broken collar bone sustained in the match against Felixstowe, Bury were able to field a strong side which included Ed Thompson, making a timely return after a few months out with an knee injury.
Bury started much the better side, playing nice slick possession hockey without really threatening the Felixstowe goal. However, it wasn't long until Bury found the back of the net after brilliant stick work and vision from Stephen Dunne to find Konrath on the P-Spot to slot home. Bury continued to have the upper hand in terms of territory and stopped UEA from having any significant shots on goal. The second half proved very open and the pressure started to turn in favour of UEA. Pali Surdhar steadied the ship when he managed to lose his marker and fire home at the near post after a cross from the right.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Parry received a well deserved man-of-the-match after a tireless performance in the centre of midfield.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 9 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig