Hockey: Bury Ladies II 1 Ipswich Ladies
Bury Ladies maintained possession from the first push-back, playing the ball up the wing and into the 'D' to win a short corner in the first few minutes of the match.
Bury Ladies II 1 Ipswich Ladies III 4
Bury Ladies maintained possession from the first push-back, playing the ball up the wing and into the 'D' to win a short corner in the first few minutes of the match. A rebound from the ensuing strike saw Cheryl Clayton seize the opportunity to put the ball past the goalie to give Bury an early lead.
Ipswich Ladies however found their feet, and retaliated with a successful short corner to equalise.
Play continued with chances at both ends, but only Ipswich Ladies converting through a further 2 short corners, making the score 3-1 to Ipswich at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Bury changed tactics for the second half and player of the match Mel Wykes did a superb job of man marking Ipswich's playmaker ex-England player Vicky Dixon, resulting in only one further successful short corner getting past Bury. Bury however failed to score again, making the final score 4-1 to Ipswich Ladies.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 10 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk