Hockey: Bury Ladies III 1, Felixstowe 1
Bury had gone without a game for a few weeks and it showed in a scrappy first half, in which neither team settled.
Bury Ladies III 1, Felixstowe Ladies I 1
Bury had gone without a game for a few weeks and it showed in a scrappy first half, in which neither team settled. Both teams had chances at goal but could not score. Bury had a succession of short corners but, unfortunately, made a mistake on several of them.
Bury started in the second half with far more focus and took control of the game with quick simple passing. Good work stopped the opposition having any shots on goal and eventually Bury scored. A shot on goal was deflected and after some tussling in the D, Esme Spurling managed to slip the ball past the goalkeeper.
Another succession of short corners failed to produce a goal. Unfortunately for Bury, they lost their structure and allowed Felixstowe to score.
You may also want to watch:
The last six minutes of the match were well fought by both teams but nobody managed the winner.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed