Hockey: Bury St Edmunds Ladies II
Bury St Edmunds Ladies I 2, West Herts 6Bury were hit by injury and illness and travelled with the bare 11.But they shocked West Herts when a great ball up the line from Dunger allowed Lofthouse to put one over the keeper in under a minute.
Bury St Edmunds Ladies I 2, West Herts 6
Bury were hit by injury and illness and travelled with the bare 11.
But they shocked West Herts when a great ball up the line from Dunger allowed Lofthouse to put one over the keeper in under a minute. Slack defending from West Herts allowed Lofthouse to have another one-on-one with the keeper, resulting in Bury being 2-0 up in the first 10 minutes.
West Herts did not give up, and applied strong pressure on Bury's defence, resulting in the first of their goals in open play. West Herts won many short corners, Bury's keeper and defence could not keep them all out, drawing the scores level with a few minutes to go to half-time. Unfortunately, West Herts got another goal before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
The second half produced even more action. Lofthouse was fouled in the 'D' but Barrow succumbed to the pressure and could not convert the flick. Chances were had at both ends, however a tiring Bury side made a few mistakes and allowed West Herts to capitalise on their chances.
Man-of-the-match Toleman produced some fantastic saves on her debut in goal, but could not save the penalty flick against Bury.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 8 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back