Hockey: Sprowston Ls 7 Sudbury Ls II 1
Sprowston Ladies 7 Sudbury Ladies II 1Sudbury were behind after one minute, 10 seconds as the first attack of the game saw Sprowston fire home from the six-yard area.
Sprowston Ladies 7 Sudbury Ladies II 1
Sudbury were behind after one minute, 10 seconds as the first attack of the game saw Sprowston fire home from the six-yard area.
Sudbury rallied and created their own chances including a fine run from Sarah Taverner on the left flank who beat a couple of players before firing a pass into the D which Emma Hawkins turned skilfully into the Sprowston goal.
Following a close match the previous week, which Sudbury lost to Yarmouth 2-1, the team were desperate for some reward for their early season efforts and something to lift them from the bottom of East 2nd Division North East table.
You may also want to watch:
Sudbury were disappointed when Sprowston scored again, the third goal in just nine minutes of the game. Sudbury had four short corners from which they got shots off, but the Sprowston keeper had good feet and kept her goal secure.
At half-time it was 4-1 and the second half saw Sprowston continue to attack the Sudbury goal netting a further three goals to make it a disappointing result which flattered the home side.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 7 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 8 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 9 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
- 10 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
Good performances from Ruth Warnes in defence and Sarah Taverner and Emma Hawkins with Hawkins winning her second man of the match award. Sudbury face local rivals Ipswich in their next match.