Hockey: Sudbury 0 Felixstowe 2
Sudbury travelled to table-topping Felixstowe looking to pick up much-needed points and climb out of the relegation zone.Sudbury started brightly and pressured the Felixstowe 'D' through good work by Thorpe and Barrett on the right, with support from the returning Keefe.
Sudbury 0 Felixstowe 2
Sudbury travelled to table-topping Felixstowe looking to pick up much-needed points and climb out of the relegation zone.
Sudbury started brightly and pressured the Felixstowe 'D' through good work by Thorpe and Barrett on the right, with support from the returning Keefe. However, with their first attack Felixstowe scored thanks to a lack of concentration from the Sudbury back line.
Despite this sucker punch, Sudbury continued to battle and for the majority of the first half matched Felixstowe man for man. Five minutes before half time Felixstowe extended their league. Once again their goal was created by a Sudbury defensive error.
You may also want to watch:
Sudbury should have pulled a goal back on the stroke of half time when a well worked short corner was slipped from Keefe to Bevan whose tame shot was cleared of the line.
Despite being 2-0 down at half time, Sudbury came out and created several great opportunities in the second half. Unwin, Bevan and Clubb should have all done better when through against the last defender.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 10 Ipswich Town 0-0 MK Dons: Blues again fail to register shot on target in drab draw
Felixstowe created plenty of chances however the back line of Bullock, Thorpe, Underhay and Harrington held firm. Keeper Warnes made some fantastic saves.
Ultimately, Sudbury's inability to convert good chances and concentrate defensively for 70 minutes cost them the game. Sudbury have five games left this season. Realistically they need to win four of these games to stay in the league.