Hockey: Sudbury III v Ipswich East
Sudbury Men's 1st XI (3) v Ipswich East Suffolk Men's 1st XI (3)Sudbury Men's 1st team met at the Cornard Astro, looking for a win this Saturday against formerly beaten IES.
Sudbury Men's 1st XI (3) v Ipswich East Suffolk Men's 1st XI (3)
Sudbury Men's 1st team met at the Cornard Astro, looking for a win this Saturday against formerly beaten IES.
IES started strongly, scoring a goal within the opening 20 seconds. This should have given the home team the wake-up they needed to begin playing at the same standard as last week. But even though Chris Club scored a fantastic goal into the top right corner, to level the scores, Sudbury still looked nervous and it wasn't long before they were going in at half-time 2-1 down.
After a stern half-time talk Sudbury came out determined to win. It was Ryan who scored the next goal, from a short corner conversion. Nick Keefe then struck the ball straight past the keeper from a short corner.
You may also want to watch:
The disappointing 2-2 draw left Sudbury seven points short of second place. Bright spots included good first-team debuts from Jamie Powell and David Chambers.
Sudbury's next outing is at Cambridge City 3rds.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk