Holdsworth leaves after Boreham Wood battering
- Credit: Archant
Chelmsford City have parted company with Dean Holdsworth.
The final straw in what has been a poor run of form for the Clarets was the 0-6 home defeat to Boreham Wood on Saturday.
A statement today said that with immediate effect Holdsworth has agreed to stand down and agreement has been amicably reached for the full and final settlement of his contract.
The Club have gone on record to thanks him for his efforts during the time he has been with the Club.
Chelmsford have agreed with Assistant Manager Kenny Brown that he will take over with immediate effect in a caretaker capacity, and will be in charge when City travel to leaders Bromley tomorrow evening.
You may also want to watch:
City are currently in 17th place in Skrill South, just a point off the relegation places.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 4 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 8 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood