Holt 3 Ipswich IV 1
Division 4NE Holt Harlequins 3 Ipswich IV 1 Holt avenged their 14-0 defeat to Ipswich from earlier in the season with this victory.Ipswich were more or less at full strength, with only the top goal scorer Olly Holloway missing.
Holt Harlequins 3 Ipswich IV 1
Holt avenged their 14-0 defeat to Ipswich from earlier in the season with this victory.
Ipswich were more or less at full strength, with only the top goal scorer Olly Holloway missing. Holt's five players who played in the first game were relieved when they noticed this as Holloway had scored eight in the 14-0 win.
You may also want to watch:
It didn't take long for the quick thinking Ipswich team to notice this was a much improved Holt team.
In the first half Ipswich sliced Holt open repeatedly but the finishing was atrocious. Reed, Scarff and Thomas hit sitters wide, however Reed scored an impossible reverse stick swishes from the top of the D.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
Ipswich were not playing well and after the captain took Sneddon off Ipswich conceded and would have done so again but for the umpire giving a short corner a nano-second before the ball crossed the line.
To the say the second half was one-way traffic would be an understatement. Holt played well as Ipswich had their worst half since 2005.
At the end only one team deserved to win and it was Holt who ran out 3-1 winners.
Things are now looking tight at the top of Division 4NE with two teams now within three points of the 4th XI.