Horlock mulling over New Zealand move
KEVIN Horlock is today mulling over a move to New Zealand - or staying at Doncaster Rovers.The Blues midfielder, who is due to leave Portman Road in the summer when his contract expires, has enjoyed a successful month on loan at League One side Rovers and has been offered a two-year deal by manager Dave Penney.
By Derek Davis
KEVIN Horlock is today mulling over a move to New Zealand - or staying at Doncaster Rovers.
The Blues midfielder, who is due to leave Portman Road in the summer when his contract expires, has enjoyed a successful month on loan at League One side Rovers and has been offered a two-year deal by manager Dave Penney.
Oldham Athletic boss Ronnie Moore has also expressed an interest in the former West Ham and Manchester City left-footer, but has not yet made a firm offer.
You may also want to watch:
But the most intriguing offer for Horlock to consider is a summer move to the other side of the world to play in the New Zealand Community Trust Football League.
Blues boss Joe Royle last night conformed the Kiwi interest and said: “Kevin has had an offer from Doncaster which he is thinking over but I understand Oldham and a New Zealand club have also shown an interesting which gives him a bit more to consider.”
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 6 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 10 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
Young Hearts Manawatu currently top the table with Auckland City and Canterbury United in hot pursuit, but Horlock would not be able to join until their season finishes, so he may well see out the season here with Rovers.
The Northern Ireland international enjoyed an unbeaten run in his first five games with Rovers but his loan spell at Doncaster ended at the weekend.
Horlock was training with the Town players yesterday and will do so again today unless he makes his mind up quickly.