The long hot summer of '76.... Some sporting memories
- Credit: Archant
Summer 1976 was a hot one.
Months of sunshine and glorious weather. Here are a few sporting memories from that glorious year - although not all necessarily in the middle of July and August!
What are your memories of that great year? All these memories are from 1976.
WORLD HOT ROD FINALS, FOXHALL STADIUM
IPSWICH SWIMMING CLUB
TATTINGSTONE FC AWARDS NIGHT
IPSWICH WITCHES, LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
WALK A MILLION MILES FOR ONE OF
YOUR GOALS... PAUL MARINER!
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
LEISTON ACES CYCLE SPEEDWAY
SPORTING FARMER POOL TEAM, IPSWICH