How the League One play-off picture looks after Sunderland, Portsmouth and Fleetwood all drop points
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town remain seven points adrift of the League One play-off places following tonight’s League One fixtures.
Sunderland have slipped out of the top six after suffering a surprise 2-0 defeat at previously out of form Bristol Rovers (who Town travel to on Saturday).
Meanwhile, Portsmouth and Fleetwood played out a 2-2 draw at Fratton Park. That saw Pompey move up to fourth and Fleetwood climb into sixth.
Burton drew 2-2 at home to lowly Bolton, meaning they can no longer leapfrog Ipswich by winning their remaining game in hand.
Paul Lambert's men may have lost seven of their last nine games to slip from first to 10th, but the fact they face six bottom half teams in their final eight matches just about keeps alive a sliver of hope that they can still secure a play-off place.
You may also want to watch:
The gap to sixth is seven points, though the vast majority of teams above and below them have at least one - in some cases two - games in hand to come.
- 1 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 2 Matchday Live: Four goals in a busy first half
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency