Howard's header settles outcome
Luton Town 1 Ipswich Town 0STEVE Howard headed an 80th minute winner past Shane Supple to give Luton victory at Kenilworth Road.Howard headed home from Ahmet Brkovic's cross to settle the outcome of a drab Coca-Cola Championship encounter.
Luton Town 1 Ipswich Town 0
STEVE Howard headed an 80th minute winner past Shane Supple to give Luton victory at Kenilworth Road.
Howard headed home from Ahmet Brkovic's cross to settle the outcome of a drab Coca-Cola Championship encounter.
The Blues were left fuming after referee Lee Mason appeared to point to the spot but then change his mind and gave a corner instead of a penalty after Jimmy Juan was bowled over by Kevin Foley in the first half.
You may also want to watch:
Town's 18-year-old Irish keeper Shane Supple made a string of good saves for Town to deny former Colchester United strikers Rowan Vine and Dean Morgan among others.
Marlon Beresford tipped over a 30-yard Darren Currie drive but otherwise was relatively untroubled by a toothless Town attack.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 5 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 9 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
Richard Naylor returned to the Town team after serving a two-match suspension and partnered Alan Lee up front while on-loan Blackburn defender Jay McEveley made his first appearance for Town since suffering a serious knee injury at Cardiff in November.