Howard's header settles outcome
Luton Town 1 Ipswich Town 0STEVE Howard headed an 80th minute winner past Shane Supple to give Luton victory at Kenilworth Road.Howard headed home from Ahmet Brkovic's cross to settle the outcome of a drab Coca-Cola Championship encounter.
Luton Town 1 Ipswich Town 0
STEVE Howard headed an 80th minute winner past Shane Supple to give Luton victory at Kenilworth Road.
Howard headed home from Ahmet Brkovic's cross to settle the outcome of a drab Coca-Cola Championship encounter.
The Blues were left fuming after referee Lee Mason appeared to point to the spot but then change his mind and gave a corner instead of a penalty after Jimmy Juan was bowled over by Kevin Foley in the first half.
Town's 18-year-old Irish keeper Shane Supple made a string of good saves for Town to deny former Colchester United strikers Rowan Vine and Dean Morgan among others.
Marlon Beresford tipped over a 30-yard Darren Currie drive but otherwise was relatively untroubled by a toothless Town attack.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 8 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
Richard Naylor returned to the Town team after serving a two-match suspension and partnered Alan Lee up front while on-loan Blackburn defender Jay McEveley made his first appearance for Town since suffering a serious knee injury at Cardiff in November.