Howe - ‘No guarantee Fraser will be back by the end of the season’
Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has admitted there is no guarantee Ryan Fraser will be back with Ipswich Town before the end of the season.
The loanee went back to his parent club after suffering a hamstring injury during the closing minutes of Town’s game at QPR last month, with Mick McCarthy today saying he was hopeful of having the Scot back in time for the trip to Wolves at the start of April.
“He’s (Fraser) been training and just felt (his hamstring) slightly, but the timeline for him, hopefully, would be getting on the bus for Wolves. That would be great,” McCarthy said.
However, Howe admitted Fraser had suffered a recent setback and that there was no guarantee he would be back at Portman Road by the end of the season.
Howe told the Bournemouth Echo: “Ryan came back to us for treatment. He had a little niggle, setback about a week ago so I wouldn’t say he was close to returning to Ipswich.”
You may also want to watch:
When asked if there was a time frame, Howe replied: “No time frame at the moment. We would hope to get him back there before the end of the season but there is no guarantee.”
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening