Huckerby to quit Canaries
Darren Huckerby will quit Norwich City in the summer.Huckerby is considering a move to the MLS in America and his contract will not be renewed at Carrow Road.
Darren Huckerby will quit Norwich City in the summer.
Huckerby is considering a move to the MLS in America and his contract will not be renewed at Carrow Road.
The 31-year-old has scored 46 goals in 191 appearances since signing from Manchester City on Boxing Day 2003 and played a major part in helping the Canaries gain promotion to the Premier League in 2003/04.
His agent Phil Smith has revealed Huckerby will end his five-year association the canaries and added: “He's out of contract at the end of the season and he won't be staying at Norwich. There have been no discussions over a new contract."
You may also want to watch:
Smith, who is a director of First Artist Sport, one of the world's leading player representation agency groups, also admitted Huckerby could move to America to play in America.
He added: "It's an option, certainly. I know he likes the idea of the challenge.”
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk