Huge banger action at World Final this weekend at Foxhall Stadium
- Credit: Archant
This Saturday sees the 2018 Unlimited National Bangers Championship of the World at Foxhall Stadium, Ipswich.
There is no doubting, whether you are a casual race fan or a die hard National Banger fan, this is one meeting that has plenty of action.
The pits will be full to bursting with the pedigree of National Bangers with drivers in attendance from East Anglia to Cornwall, the South Coast to Cumbria and everywhere in between, with drivers even travelling from as far as Scotland, Ireland, Wales and across the North Sea from Holland just to be part of the evening.
At time of press, there is approximately 250 cars booked to squeeze into the pits no doubt a variety of cars including the rare and weird and wonderful car that the drivers regularly turnout for this mammoth event!
For many drivers, all the time and effort that they have put in just to qualify for this year’s race, is the reward they have been after.
You may also want to watch:
A huge grid will line up for the biggest and most rewarding National Banger race anywhere just to get a shot at becoming the champion of the world, and be able to parade the coveted gold roof on their car for the coming 12 months!
In addition to the World Final itself there are also four races at the start of the meeting for any driver who hasn’t qualified as of yet to get themselves into the big race at the last chance, with the winner of each race taking their place at the back of the World Final grid to complete a superb 60-car Championship decider!
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 9 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 10 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
After a new World Champion has been crowned, there will be even more carnage with the two Allcomers races, where there is nothing to play for but pride, and the drivers can simply enjoy wrecking their cars, and then if there is anything still running at the end of these, there is a Showdown Race with the opportunity to win £1,000 for the driver of the last car running!
Racing starts at 5pm and turnstiles open at 2pm for advance ticket entry.
Facilities include two fully seated grandstands along the back straight, a brand new grandstand for those who are disabled or have special needs and renowned catering facilities offering some of the best stadium food in the country.