Huge night of motorsport action set for Foxhall on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
There’s another action-packed triple-formula race meeting at Foxhall this Saturday.
The event features the 2.0Ltr Hot Rods, the Lightning Rods and the Bangers and promises to bring fans a fantastic night of oval motorsport with both high speed non-contact and full-contact action.
The evening starts with the 2.0Ltr Hot Rods who are competing in Round 3 of their Hoosier Racing Tires Series.
There are currently 26 of the best there is in this formula booked to appear including multi–champion Dan Smith, Paul Wright, Gavin Botfield, Damon Wellman, Martin Codling, and Sean O’Leary.
Joining them is the Bangers as the event launches the 2017 Ipswich track Championship Round 1, sponsored again this year by Whip St Motors.
You may also want to watch:
So the scene is set to once again be a night not to be missed for banger racing fans, as a packed track of cars under the floodlights battle each other around the tarmac doing their best to avoid the infamous Armco Safety Fence which has claimed many a victim over the stadiums illustrious history.
Completing the evening’s action is the 2017 track debut of the fast and furious Lightning Rods in what will be Round 3 of their Polleysport/Yokohama Tyres Series.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 8 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 9 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 10 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
Foxhall always provides some very close and sometimes damaging racing from the Lightning Rods so expect to see the likes of Reid Murray in the mix as well as European champion Roger Dormer, Lee Skoyles, national banger star Jason Jackson and Jordan Murray all battling for the honours.
Racing starts at 6.45pm and turnstiles open at 5.30pm.
Foxhall Heath is the home to many of the major championships offered by Spedeworth, including the National Banger World Final and the National Hot Rod World Championship at the annual Spedeweekend event.
The facilities at Foxhall include a covered seated grandstand and concrete stepped terracing, as well as two new fantastic 1,500 seater grandstands on the back straight.
There is first class catering available, a licensed club house, toilets including disabled access and wash facilities - and a VIP lounge and raised VIP units.