Positive news for Town fans as Huws is back on the scoresheet
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town midfielder Emyr Huws was on the scoresheet once more as Town U23s drew 1-1 with Crewe Alexandra this morning.
Crewe had rather dominated the first half and took the lead through Oliver Finney, although Andre Dozzell hit the post from a free kick late on in the half.
However Town, who included Luke Woolfenden, Teddy Bishop, Josh Emmanuel and Dozzell, as well as Huws in their starting line-up, got their rewards after a much better second half.
A cross in from the right by Dozzell saw Huws glance a header into the bottom corner. The game ended 1-1.
Huws missed almost all of last season with Achilles and then a knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
He has been frustrated with injury since his move from Cardiff City. But Town fans will be hoping he is now on the road to full recovery.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds