Hugo wins Suffolk Winter Junior Alliance
HUGO Dobson returned a three under par 67 to win the Suffolk Winter Alliance Junior Championship and add his name to a trophy held in the past by players such as Jamie Moul and Jamie Abbott.
HUGO Dobson returned a three under par 67 to win the Suffolk Winter Alliance Junior Championship and add his name to a trophy held in the past by players such as Jamie Moul and Jamie Abbott. One-handicap Dobson had six birdies in his round.
Heidi Baek, of Felixstowe Ferry, won the girls' prize with 39 Stableford points, but her round of level par 71 left her four shots behind Dobson in second place in the championship.
There was every chance that she could have become the first girl to win outright since Louise Wright of Ipswich took the title at Newton Green in 1996.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Renville, of Fynn Valley, was third with 77 and Tim Pakenham was the only other player to break 80.
Mark Fosker, of Felixstowe Ferry, won the category one handicap prize with 36 Stableford points. His gross score of 82 should give the Suffolk under 16 selectors a reminder of his potential.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years
There were 41 players taking part on a day when early light rain disappeared.
67: Hugo Dobson (Fynn Valley). 71: Heidi Baek (Felixstowe Ferry). 77: Sam Renville (Fynn Valley). 79: Tim Pakenham (The Suffolk). 82: Mark Fosker (Felixstowe Ferry). Harry Hogg (Fynn Valley). 83: James Markham (Rushmere). 87: Sarah Howe (Ipswich). 89: Anthony Sharpe (Cretingham). 90: Josh Cottrell (Rushmere). 93: Rosie Gilbert (Fynn Valley). 94: Nick Bates (Ufford Park). 102: Ollie Smith (Ufford Park).
Category One (handicaps scratch to 14)
36pts: Mark Fosker (Felixstowe Ferry). 35: Sam Renville (Fynn Valley). 34: James Markham (Rushmere).
Category Two (handicaps 15 to 24)
45pts: Mark Duszynski (Ipswich), 41 Reece Young (Rushmere) beat Shaun Palfrey (The Suffolk) on count back. 38: Kyle Procter (Fynn Valley). 37: Joshua Robertson (Ufford Park), James Creasey (Waldringfield). 35: Jonathan Western (Waldringfield), Aaron Cribb (Rushmere), Charlotte Double (Seckford). 34: Tom Noble (Rushmere). 32: Kieran Hogarty (Fynn Valley), Thomas Rae (Ufford Park), Michael Catling (Ufford Park), Jack Pattern (Fynn Valley), George Noble (Rushmere).
Category Three (handicaps 25 to 36)
47pts: Jasper Johnson (Woodbridge). 38: Alex Hardwick (Rushmere). 37: Dale Ratcliffe (Fynn Valley) on count back from Ben Buffone (Woodbridge). 36: Cullum Hilton (Ufford Park), Oliver Jenkins (Seckford), Sam Byford. 35: Jack Beecroft. 34: Marcus Ridley. 31: Kieran Bickers. 26: Sophie Capasso. 25: Joseph Alcock (all Fynn Valley).