Hull expect to sign Cresswell
RICHARD Cresswell is today expected to complete a £300,000 move to Hull City and so bring an end to their interest in Ipswich striker Alan Lee.The 29-year-old Leeds United forward is due at the KC Stadium to undergo a medical this morning and, barring any last-minute hitches, will become City's fifth summer signing.
RICHARD Cresswell is today expected to complete a £300,000 move to Hull City and so bring an end to their interest in Ipswich striker Alan Lee.
The 29-year-old Leeds United forward is due at the KC Stadium to undergo a medical this morning and, barring any last-minute hitches, will become City's fifth summer signing.
“It's been documented that we're in talks with Richard and we've now agreed terms with him,” said Hull manager Phil Brown. It's now a case of him coming into the KC Stadium and him having something to sign. Where we're concerned, we've taken our business as far as we possibly can.
“Hopefully, when Richard comes to have a look around, he will be able to put pen to paper. I believe that there are other clubs who have shown an interest in him and it will depend on what others are able to offer Richard.”
You may also want to watch:
Hull have turned their attentions to signing Cresswell from cash-strapped Leeds after failing to land Lee, who was Ipswich's 17-goal leading scorer last season and is involved in on-going negotiations over a new contract at Portman Road.
Hull's initial offer for Lee was rejected by Ipswich, but the Humberside club then tabled a £600,000 bid, which Brown insists is what they were led to believe was what Town were after, only for that to be turned down, too.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
The Hull boss then claimed that Ipswich were prepared to lower their valuation of Lee, before insisting that the price only went up in the first place after Ipswich failed to sign Francis Jeffers.