‘It’s about me wanting to put my stamp on things’ – Hurst reveals even Evans has been shocked by changes
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town boss Paul Hurst has revealed that even club owner Marcus Evans has been surprised by the number of changes he’s made to the squad since arriving at Portman Road.
The loan arrivals of striker Jon Walters, winger Jordan Graham and defender Matthew Pennington last week took the number of signings to 12 since Hurst was named Town boss.
Youngsters Ben Morris, Luke Woolfenden, Tristan Nydam and Josh Emmanuel also headed out on loan to gain regular first-team football.
Hurst told the club website: “We can concentrate on the squad we have going forward now until January. I can remember talking to Marcus and saying what I was hoping to do and I think he was quite shocked and was thinking ‘that is for another time’.
“It’s about me wanting to put my stamp on things I guess and we have done more than what he first thought. Whenever there has been a possibility we have looked at it and it has been a busy time.
You may also want to watch:
“Certainly outgoing, it has provided the most opportunities for players to go out on loan that I’ve been involved with and I think Marcus felt the same and we took advantage of that where we felt it was right.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police