Husband and wife go head-to-head in Ipswich Table Tennis final
There may have been a few interesting conversations in the Charles household after the conclusion of the Britannia Senior Super Series of table tennis, in Ipswich, recently.
That is because the final saw Neil Charles take on his pregant wife, Lauren, in the final, the former eventually prevailing over five sets.
The 24 players took part in six groups of four in a round robin to qualify for either band one or two with two more stages to follow.
In the semi-finals, Lauren defeated Richard Hutchinson and Neil overcame Tony Zequiri to set-up a final showdown with his better half.
Zequiri finished third on the day, defeating Hutchinson, while Andrew Warner and Christopher Cockburn went head-to-head in the fifth-placed game, Warner running out the winner.
You may also want to watch:
In the final, Lauren did very well and both players took part in an ntertaining match that had two duece games and went the distance.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 6 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 7 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 8 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 9 A12 closed following serious collision
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab