‘This isn’t a game’ - Town star Huws appeals for public to isolate in coronavirus fight
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town midfield star Emyr Huws has taken to Twitter to appeal for people to ‘isolate dilligently’ in the battle against coronavirus.
Huws, whose father Rhys is a GP in Llanelli, made an impassioned plea to his 17,500 followers on social media yesterday.
He wrote: “Doctors like my dad are treating patients without proper protective kit, this is wrong and upsetting!
“The least everyone can do is to isolate dilligently to try and slow this down.
“This isn’t a game. You are risking leaving our healthcare on the frontline helpless #protectthenhs.”
Town’s season has been suspended until at least April 30 as the country unites to battle the virus.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival