‘This isn’t a game’ - Town star Huws appeals for public to isolate in coronavirus fight
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town midfield star Emyr Huws has taken to Twitter to appeal for people to ‘isolate dilligently’ in the battle against coronavirus.
Huws, whose father Rhys is a GP in Llanelli, made an impassioned plea to his 17,500 followers on social media yesterday.
He wrote: “Doctors like my dad are treating patients without proper protective kit, this is wrong and upsetting!
“The least everyone can do is to isolate dilligently to try and slow this down.
“This isn’t a game. You are risking leaving our healthcare on the frontline helpless #protectthenhs.”
You may also want to watch:
Town’s season has been suspended until at least April 30 as the country unites to battle the virus.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 6 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 7 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast