“I can only apologise to the travelling fans” – Colchester United boss Tony Humes after MK Dons humiliation
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss Tony Humes apologised to the fans after today’s dismal 6-0 defeat to MK Dons.
The U’s were simply blown away by a hat-trick from Benik Afobe, an opener by Dele Alli, a penalty from Ben Reeves, and then a stoppage time sixth by defender Lee Hodson.
It was a totally one-sided game, and a record victory for the Milton Keynes club.
“We made MK Dons looks like world beaters,” admitted Humes.
“We didn’t get close to them, we gave them too much respect, and we didn’t work hard enough individually, or work hard enough collectively.
You may also want to watch:
“And that responsibility comes down to me, because I pick the team, but I expect more than that.
“I expect more than that in terms of being together and working hard.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 8 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 9 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
“What we worked on in training, we didn’t carry out, and we didn’t have any quality in possession either.
“MK Dons picked us off, and I can only apologise to the travelling fans who came here.
“We just haven’t given them anything, and I can only apologise for that, added Humess