‘I’m proud of the boys’ – Leiston boss Glenn Driver after defeat at Bognor Regis
Leiston boss, Glenn Driver, took great encouragement from tonight’s 1-0 defeat at Ryman Premier leaders Bognor Regis Town.
In fact, Driver felt that his side did enough to even win the game, after a stirring second-half display at Nyewood Lane.
“I thought we were in it in the first half as well. They had a lot of possession, and we knew that they would come at us with the crowd behind them,” said Driver.
“They put us on the back foot right from the start, but personally I thought we were well in it and we had a few half-chances.
“In the second half there was just one team in it – we looked like not just getting one point but getting all three.
You may also want to watch:
“So we are a little bit disappointed to come away empty-handed, but overall I’m proud of the boys tonight.
“It’s a tough, tough place to come, and it bodes well for the rest of the season.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
“If they are the best team in the league, then we are not far off them,” added Driver.