“I’m so chuffed to be back” - Mark Kinsella
MARK Kinsella had hardly put the phone down, before he was off in his car to drive to his beloved Colchester United.
Former midfield maestro Kinsella, who ‘East Anglian Daily Times’ readers once voted as their ‘favourite player’ ever to don a Colchester shirt, has teamed up with new boss Joe Dunne to be the U’s No. 2.
Kinsella, 40, was at the U’s new training headquarters at Florence Park, Tiptree, to oversee training with Dunne yesterday morning.
“I’m so chuffed to be back at Colchester. It’s a great feeling,” enthused Kinsella last night.
“It’s been a mad last 24 hours. Joe (Dunne) phoned me yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon, we had a chat, and I was at the club by 10pm that evening.
“I didn’t take long to think about it. Colchester has always been very close to my heart, everyone knows that,” added Kinsella.
See today’s ‘East Anglian Daily Times’ for more on Kinsella, and the rest of the exciting news to come from the U’s yesterday.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo