“I’m so chuffed to be back” - Mark Kinsella
MARK Kinsella had hardly put the phone down, before he was off in his car to drive to his beloved Colchester United.
Former midfield maestro Kinsella, who ‘East Anglian Daily Times’ readers once voted as their ‘favourite player’ ever to don a Colchester shirt, has teamed up with new boss Joe Dunne to be the U’s No. 2.
Kinsella, 40, was at the U’s new training headquarters at Florence Park, Tiptree, to oversee training with Dunne yesterday morning.
“I’m so chuffed to be back at Colchester. It’s a great feeling,” enthused Kinsella last night.
“It’s been a mad last 24 hours. Joe (Dunne) phoned me yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon, we had a chat, and I was at the club by 10pm that evening.
You may also want to watch:
“I didn’t take long to think about it. Colchester has always been very close to my heart, everyone knows that,” added Kinsella.
See today’s ‘East Anglian Daily Times’ for more on Kinsella, and the rest of the exciting news to come from the U’s yesterday.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases