“I’m so happy to sign” – Colchester United’s new recruit, Jermaine Grandison
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Jermaine Grandison is delighted to have put pen to paper on a contract with Colchester United, until the end of the season.
Centre-half Grandison, without a club since last summer, played 175 first-team games for his former club, Shrewsbury Town, from 2011.
Now the 26-year-old is looking to resurrect his career with the League Two U’s.
“Signing for Colchester United is a good Christmas present,” enthused Grandison, following this morning’s training session at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“I’ve had a few months without playing any games, so I’m just happy to sign.
“There had been moves on the horizon, after leaving Shrewsbury, but I needed to get myself right after playing with an injury (hip) for most of last season.
“I’m back training now and I’m feeling fit,” added Grandison.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 9 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 10 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
See an in-depth interview with new signing Jermaine Grandison in tomorrow’s East Anglian Daily Times newspaper