“I’m so happy to sign” – Colchester United’s new recruit, Jermaine Grandison
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Jermaine Grandison is delighted to have put pen to paper on a contract with Colchester United, until the end of the season.
Centre-half Grandison, without a club since last summer, played 175 first-team games for his former club, Shrewsbury Town, from 2011.
Now the 26-year-old is looking to resurrect his career with the League Two U’s.
“Signing for Colchester United is a good Christmas present,” enthused Grandison, following this morning’s training session at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“I’ve had a few months without playing any games, so I’m just happy to sign.
You may also want to watch:
“There had been moves on the horizon, after leaving Shrewsbury, but I needed to get myself right after playing with an injury (hip) for most of last season.
“I’m back training now and I’m feeling fit,” added Grandison.
- 2 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
See an in-depth interview with new signing Jermaine Grandison in tomorrow’s East Anglian Daily Times newspaper