‘I thought it was a poor performance’ – Colchester United’s Luke Prosser
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Luke Prosser made a welcome return to the Colchester United starting line-up on Saturday, but it was an afternoon of mixed emotions for the U’s club captain.
Prosser was introduced as a 75th minute substitute during the 3-1 defeat at Wycombe Wanderers, after a 14-month absence due to a knee injury.
But whereas the 29-year-old centre-half was delighted to finally be back in a U’s shirt, competing on the pitch, he admitted that the overall team display was “poor.”
“It’s been a long time for me, so obviously to get some minutes on the pitch with the boys was good,” said Prosser.
“But it was mixed emotions for me. On a personal note it was good to be out there, but I thought it was a poor performance today.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a poor start and we gave ourselves too big a mountain to climb.”
Goals from Ade Akinfenwa and Paris Cowan-Hall put the Chairboys 2-0 up inside 24 minutes as the U’s slumped to back-to-back league defeats.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 10 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign