“I would be more than comfortable staying here” – Colchester United keeper Sam Walker
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Colchester United goalkeeper Sam Walker looks set to sign a new contract.
Following Saturday’s 2-1 home defeat to Port Vale, Walker revealed that negotiations were ongoing, with regards a new two-year contract – the ex-Chelsea trainee’s current deal expires next summer.
“It’s great to be offered the deal,” admitted Walker. “My agent will be speaking to the chairman (Robbie Cowling) this week.
“We are in negotiations at the moment and I’m sure we will have some news, sooner or later.
“I don’t hide the fact that I love the club. Colchester United is a great club to be at. I get on really well with everyone, and I’ve been here a long time now.
“I feel like I’ve been here for years, especially as part of such a young squad. I feel like one of the more experienced players.
“I love the club, and would be more than comfortable staying here. I should be looking to sign the contract, if the terms are right,” added Walker.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143