“I would be more than comfortable staying here” – Colchester United keeper Sam Walker
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Colchester United goalkeeper Sam Walker looks set to sign a new contract.
Following Saturday’s 2-1 home defeat to Port Vale, Walker revealed that negotiations were ongoing, with regards a new two-year contract – the ex-Chelsea trainee’s current deal expires next summer.
“It’s great to be offered the deal,” admitted Walker. “My agent will be speaking to the chairman (Robbie Cowling) this week.
“We are in negotiations at the moment and I’m sure we will have some news, sooner or later.
“I don’t hide the fact that I love the club. Colchester United is a great club to be at. I get on really well with everyone, and I’ve been here a long time now.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel like I’ve been here for years, especially as part of such a young squad. I feel like one of the more experienced players.
“I love the club, and would be more than comfortable staying here. I should be looking to sign the contract, if the terms are right,” added Walker.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 4 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 7 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 8 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 9 Matchday Live: Goalless at the break in first game of a new era at Town
- 10 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed