‘To wear the shirt fills me with pride and happiness’ - El Mizouni on his Tunisia debut
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town midfielder Idris El Mizouni has spoken of his pride after making his full international debut for Tunisia.
El Mizouni, who made his Ipswich debut towards the end of last season, came off the bench for Tunisia in their 2-0 friendly victory over Iraq last weekend.
The teenager, born in Paris but qualifying for Tunisia through his father, has previously won two caps for his country's Under-23 side and was proud to make his senior debut recently.
"I'm really proud to have been called up, to be able to wear the shirt fills me with pride and happiness," El Mizouni said.
"The squad has a great atmosphere and I've been made to feel really welcome.
You may also want to watch:
"I already know Moatez Zemzemi (of Strasbourg) and Assil Jaziri (of Nice), and whilst I don't know any of the others, we've been getting to know each other, and it's been a great experience."
Tunisia are taking part in the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt later this summer, but El Mizouni has not been included in the squad for the tournament.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 10 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police