IES 1 Camb Uni III 0
Division 2NIpswich East Suffolk 1 Cambridge University III 0Ipswich East Suffolk travelled to Cambridge on Saturday to face the already relegated student side.
Ipswich East Suffolk 1 Cambridge University III 0
Ipswich East Suffolk travelled to Cambridge on Saturday to face the already relegated student side.
Missing several key players, IES started well and scored what turned out to be the only goal of the game through Taylor, whose pass-come-shot was cleared by the keeper straight back to him and Taylor's class showed as he rammed the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridge failed to test out the IES defence with any real meaningful shots in the first period, with the solid Bendall and Brown mopping up any attack. James Naylor, drafted in at left back, played well as Charlie Coulson in the right back berth.
The second half was backs to the wall stuff for IES, with little time in their opponent's half as the students sought an equalising goal. They lacked killer instinct, however, and missed one easy chance with keeper Lane grounded. Again, the IES defence held firm and the game ended with just the one goal.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 7 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 8 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 9 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 10 'I felt we deserved to win' - Cook on 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
Man-of-the-match was Luke Pawsey, who played a solid game at right midfield in only his third full appearance for the first team this season. IES entertain Peterborough III XI on Saturday, 2.30pm start at Tuddenham Road.